Not in vain

I bear my pain...
my loneliness and suffering 
my dissatisfaction...
while going to the war within
I take my wounds and bleeding..
my restlessness and angst...
Strenuously, but not in vain.

My imprisoned mind is my eternal nest, until I hear you're free..
My misery is my avid companion until they hear your plea...
My pain will continue to stab my chest
Until your children shed no scarring tear...

I will stay wired to the fog sieging my brain,
like the fence they confined your breathing kingdom with.

I don't own the treasury to buy the intruders out of your land
I don't have the arm to shield you from their missiles
But I have my Being and my all

I realize now I have already gone to war for you
My suffering made no sense
The stale bounty of the world thrown in vain

If the watching world has not yet come to the rescue
know that life has already stopped outside of your soil

Untill you're free, Palestine.





 




 

Comments

  1. Life indeed went deafening silent, no joys are yet worthy of being celebrated until Palestine is free!
    The spiritual homesickness to a place one has never set a foot in is quite poetic and yet more tragic to know it is being profaned but you are too helpless to even offer your doomed soul in return of some salvation...
    Wonderful piece ( tragically ) ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Oh you stopped by, say hi! 💜

Popular posts from this blog

The Anxiety of Waiting

Untitled0001