Running Through Spring


Yes you....I am thinking of you 
what else would it be? 
It is spring again, my favorite season
but not my favorite time
The flowers are blooming 
the maple is finally green
I yearned for this time
all the chemistry is tuned
but the mind is still restless

The maple shouldn't have gone green
she looked the most alluring 
just like your delicate existence 
'out of sight, out of mind'
you dwelled in mine with your absence
your prudence that crushed a dream
though kept the warmth alive
it kept me alive

The maple shouldn't have gone green
the fire orange, crowned the chocolate grey trunk
with a portentously gloomy setting
heralding that darkness can be charming and neat
just like you

you will never be mine

I have no picture of the maple,
but her reflection is beaming in my eyes
just like the idea of you is engraved in my running florescence
Thank you for giving me something to long for
you are too sensible and I am too fearful
& running through spring 
so I can see the maple again and meet you

I will never let you mine

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anxiety of Waiting

Not in vain

Untitled0001