Oh you simply have anger issues.

Today I've felt so angry...and yesterday...and the day before and the last couple of weeks and well...there just has been a lot of anger this month.

 I May just call it the angry month *wink wink* 

...ha! See what I did there? 

No?

Oh well you're right. It's not funny...I can't even laugh right now because I'm still angry...I am angry and frustrated. 

I'm usually not an angry person...like I don't get easily angry...like I conrol and filter out my triggers as much as I can or I simply disregard things that are not worth being angry about or out of my control. Because if I allow myself to be angry over something I can't control, then I'm only causing more damage. 

Like seriously I am such a calm person according to some of my acutest critics. *ahem* or bullies if you will.

But...not with this, I couldn't stop and avoid the anger or even distract it away. I know it will not escalate enough to break me. Or maybe I'm already broken? 

I AM ANGRY AT THE INJUSTICE IN THE WORLD! 

But who hasn't been? 

No...but I am angry at an injustice that has taken the course of 73 years. It's documented...it is reported, it's video taped...it's recorded...yet, it is still allowed to happen...it is still ignored, not by everyone but by the majority who are closer to make an immediate and all-in impact or even influence it. Or...are they? 

The Palestinian case

It is a case that has been labeled with all sorts of names. So many unecessary and irrelvant complexities were attached to it. Maybe out of fear, out of ignorance...biased indifference or pure hatred or worse...a ridiculous aim at a futile or even dangerous diplomacy. I don't know what it is and I don't know why is that. I'm also angry because so many so-called famous influencers are either bluntly disparaging the struggle of the Palestinians and their land or siding with the oppressor by staying neutral or quiet about their apartheid crimes. Maybe unintentionally, though their position is unhelpful and damaging still. 

But what I'm mostly angry at, is the fact that we even need and follow up their stands. Like seriously what does it matter for? Why do we get so excited if some influential person states the obvious and stands with the Palestinians? Then be disappointed with those who don't! 

To be fair and technically speaking...they somewhat prepared us to care. With all their pretentious or conditional activism and calling for human rights. But only when it comes to Palestine, they either turn a blind eye or they become like that cheating boyfriend who's wobbling his way out when caught red-handed, but making no sense at all! 

On another more strictly fair hand, why did we allow ourselves to be prepared to care?! 

This post is not about politics. I don't like politics nor do I can claim to understand it. But for me this isn't a political issue more than it is humanitarian. I'm certainly not bright or disciplined enough to craft a well developped argument as to why they're on the wrong...even though I firmly believe this isn't one of those broad cases that accepts multiple deconstructive interpretations, nor do I think it'd make a fruitful difference within this range of people in case I did! Since I don't think they're acting careless because they don't have enough data or they're trying to see the fuller picture that involves both sides. I think they seem careless because they allowed some brainwashing to happen due to a deep rooted phobia or dislike to the people on the less familiar side.

I support human rights.

but only those rights that would not interfere in my subjective view of a bubbly and irrelevant civilization.

and of those "humans" that actually suit my mainstream-media-or-belief-based taste. 

Nothing wrong with supporting the rights of your taste-worthy humans, but often than not, they are usually those whose rights were long exploited enough to get the oppressor where they wanted to be in the first place! So, you are programmed to ignore the rights that are still under the process of abuse...and I'm afraid when you're aware of it it'll be too late to revoke the oppressor's rising.

Surely, the dominantly-approved paradigm of oppressed nations is still and always will be worthy of our attention, but the trick is; how can we use our attention to reflect a positive change into our CURRENT human existence. A change that's actually beneficial to all humans. 

but NO! Eff the present. Let us dwell in the past, where suffering was more glamorously dramatic! Even if we don't try to learn anything from it and turn what we learned into something functional and inclusive to every group of people.

Appearantly, I could be speaking in a suggestive way. Mainly because: first, this is meant as a contemplation/ rant with myself. Second, I'm still considering the fact that many may actually read this and understand exactly what I'm talking about, but only if they have been paying enough attention to the world lately. And those are my main addressees. (Please don't apply the dialogism theory on me here. Though I vibe with it, it's still not useful with such an urgent state of humanity.)

Having said that, it is a dangerous combo to get angry while feeling extreme infirmity. I can't promise that I'll ever be fully trained to release anger; since realistically speaking, I am most likely still going to be exposed repeatedly to those idiots. My only hope is that I'll make use of those inbetween moments and challenge how accurate the given right to freedom of speech is. This blog is one example. 

Let's see what happens.

P.S. I am not angry now thankfully. Prob. will be in a sec.

 

P.P.S. I urge you to watch Mohammad Hijab's video that addresses the same issue. Even though he's just as angry, he's at least more eloquent and informative than me.

P.P.P.S. Russel Brand's commentary that M.H is responding to however disappointing, I still highly respect this man's work and it is just one example of what I'm talking about and I haven't specifically referred to him in my post.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anxiety of Waiting

Not in vain

Untitled0001