"Thought Provoking" Questions: My Answers

 It's been almost a year since I last made a post. It's a combination of many things as to why I went MIA from this blog. Not much to be shared but between growing conscious of how much I post online and failing to detach from certain personal encounters that inspired a couple of my previous posts, I felt compelled to take some time off and even contemplated shutting the whole thing down. I didn't and shouldn't do it! I have a history of shutting down a precious blog earlier and I am not to repeat the same reaction. No more letting external events intervene in the fate of my personal spaces; though I must mention, this is still a publicly accessible territory and I intend to only pour splashes of the personal onto it; the rest can be anything other than reflective of my "reality"- what I stand for and go through-. Unless I verbally emphasize my self-involvement in the subject, your attempt to pigeonhole me is purely speculative and perhaps even projective of your own "realities". 


If you've ever been anticipating a post to be thrown out here, you have my sickness to thank. My seasonal allergies and recent gobbling of cleansing products really got me this time. I've been bedridden since yesterday and feel my whole life has stopped! I can handle pain and fever but the whole brain throbing within my skull sensation is not something I've explored enough to grow tolerance to. I take my brain very seriously and the slightest maladjustment disrupts my enitre functioning. That's why it's less unfeasible for me to write rather than speak atm. Anywho! let's shut up and shake off some dust with the questions...Mighty Lord! this is turning into a dual-entry situation. (Not finance BS :/ )




1. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU TRIED SOMETHING NEW?

*Ahem* I googled "thought provoking' questions not a memory test but okay, let's see...prob walking around an area I'm frequent to very early in the morning, a time I've never gone to that excat location before. It was empty and dark-ish, seemed like a whole different place. If you're sick of a place, just try visiting in a time you never or rarely been in before. I was refreshed and it's very likely just the fact that it was empty of people. (not an anti-social but if an apocalypse ever hit, the sight of busy shops, street wanderers and traffic isn't something I'd miss).

2. WHO DO YOU SOMETIMES COMPARE YOURSELF TO?

I have set an imaginary ideal of me that I compare myself to every now an then. It's probobaly not the healthiest form of comparison but it was my approach in avoidance of comparing myself to anyone else as a whole. If I must compare myself, I should at least do to someone of my own craft and my own dreams. As J. P. when used to appear high-minded enough once said,"Compare yourself to who you were yesterday not to who someone else is today". I do bring up my old self to see how far I've come, it keeps me going and luckily I've outgrown comparing myself to anybody else; it's pointless, nonsensical and ludicrous. Noone has your life, noone is you. There is a reason why classification exists in sports for instance. Comparing yourself to other people makes you play an unfair game!

3. WHAT’S THE MOST SENSIBLE THING YOU’VE EVER HEARD SOMEONE SAY?

Heard a lot but the above-mentioned J. P. quote is what I can recall now since we're at it!

4. WHAT GETS YOU EXCITED ABOUT LIFE?

Home (as a concept), some family members and my cat!

5. WHAT LIFE LESSON DID YOU LEARN THE HARD WAY?

Quite a lot but mostly know yourself and set your boundaries tight otherwise you gonna be run over BIG TIME!

6. DO YOU ASK ENOUGH QUESTIONS OR DO YOU SETTLE FOR WHAT YOU KNOW?

Probably ask more than enough...I've been blessed/inflicted with a very questioning mind since I was a child and while it can come in handy, it sometimes doesn't let life be any easier.

7. WHAT’S A BELIEF THAT YOU HOLD WITH WHICH MANY PEOPLE DISAGREE?

That it's possible to make the world a much better place if we could just be there for eachother and be kinder and more understanding and forgiving to eachother. But nope, we'd rather aim at far-fetched solutions to justify our lack of action. 

8. WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY THAT YOU WERE NOT CAPABLE OF A YEAR AGO?

Another memory test but okay, from the tip of my mind I can say...I am firmer with my yes's and no's

9. DO YOU THINK CRYING IS A SIGN OF WEAKNESS OR STRENGTH?

Neither. It's just a biological phenomenon. You cry when you need to as you use the bathroom when you need to. If you resist it, probably won't kill you but it won't make your life any better. 

10. IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

11. HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING LATELY WORTH REMEMBERING?

Initiated more family gatherings. In this day and age, connecting to kins has become a rarity and it's sad. I ask God to grant me more strenght and tools to arrange more gatherings. 

12. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU LISTENED TO THE SOUND OF YOUR OWN BREATHING?

Just earlier, my breathing is heavy due to sickness and I make air pump sounds every now and then. I am awars this was meant as a spiritual self-help kinda question but nah nope...I am not that observant of my respiratory system, maybe that's why it failed me this time. Ugh!

13. WHAT DOES ‘THE AMERICAN DREAM’ MEAN TO YOU?

A glimmering fantasy..

14. WOULD YOU RATHER BE A WORRIED GENIUS OR A JOYFUL SIMPLETON?

Point-blank the latter!

15. IF YOU COULD INSTILL ONE PIECE OF ADVICE IN A NEWBORN BABY’S MIND, WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE?

Find something you really love and be really good at early on. It becomes harder developing passions and skills as you're adulting and oh boy you gonna need that childhood/teenage skill of yours as an adult to escape to. It'll probably be your only drive to keep on living.

16. WHAT IS THE MOST DESIRABLE TRAIT ANOTHER PERSON CAN POSSESS?

A combination of talent and humilty. 

17. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU WOULD MOST LIKE TO CHANGE ABOUT THE WORLD?

End starvation and violence. 

18. WHERE DO YOU FIND INSPIRATION?

Lately, philosophy believe it or not.

17. CAN YOU DESCRIBE YOUR LIFE IN A SIX WORD SENTENCE?

No I cannot and I shouldn't. Even AI is too advanced for this S!

18. IF WE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES, WHY ARE WE ALWAYS SO AFRAID TO MAKE A MISTAKE?

Because sometimes mistakes result in dire consequences that we aren't always equipped to handle, hence our disposition becomes darker.

19. WHAT IMPACT DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE ON THE WORLD?

A continuous charity that nobody will know about except for God. 

20. IF LIFE IS SO SHORT, WHY DO WE DO SO MANY THINGS WE DON’T LIKE AND LIKE SO MANY THINGS WE DON’T DO?

Because we idiotically keep aspiring to fit in society

21. WHY DO WE THINK OF OTHERS THE MOST WHEN THEY’RE GONE?

I don't really know and not sure I experienced this. I've never been the kind to take important people's presence in my life lightly. So far everyone who's gone is exactly where they should be and I never regreted the departure of anybody, unless if it's due to the inevitabilty of death. 

WHEN YOU ARE 80-YEARS-OLD, WHAT WILL MATTER TO YOU THE MOST?

I skipped right through this one but literally at that age nothing will matter other than family and good health so *uck capitalism and everyone who instilled in us this anxiety-inducing rush to achieve and possess things that will be irrevelant to our last days on earth. 

Adios!

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anxiety of Waiting

Not in vain

Untitled0001